RobotPoweredHome is reader-supported. When you buy through links on my blog, I may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
When I first bought my Verizon Fios remote control, I assumed that programming the remote would be challenging.
However, thanks to the Support section on Verizon’s official website, I found the code required for my TV in a matter of just a few minutes.
Upon further research online, I learned how to set up and use different Verizon TV remotes, which led me to compile this article.
An ordinary TV remote works by transmitting a binary signal to the TV that is specifically coded so that only the TV can understand.
Every TV manufacturer codes their signal differently to ensure that signals don’t get mixed up.
For the Verizon P265 and P283 Fios TV remotes, you can use code 331 to connect to Samsung, 352 to connect to Sony, and 210 to connect to LG.
You can find the codes for other TVs on the Support section of Verizon’s official website.
This article will serve as a step-by-step guide to programming your Verizon TV Voice, P265, and P823 Big Button remotes.
In addition to this, we also take a look at some common questions about the Verizon Fios remotes and the Verizon Fios TV One.
How To Program Your Verizon TV Voice Remote
To pair your Verizon Fios TV Voice Remote to your Fios TV One or Fios TV One Mini, you can follow the steps listed below:
- Point the Verizon Fios TV Voice Remote in the direction of the Fios TV that you wish to pair it to.
- Press and hold the ‘O’ and Play/Pause buttons together.
- Once the blue light on your Verizon Fios TV Voice Remote begins flashing, let go of the buttons.
- When the blue light stops flashing on your remote, it indicates that the Verizon TV Voice Remote was successfully paired and is now connected to your Fios TV for you to use.
Upon pairing your Verizon Fios TV Voice Remote to your set-top box, all HDMI-connected TVs and audio systems will automatically be detected by your Fios TV Voice Remote and can also be controlled by it.
To program your Verizon Fios TV Voice Remote, you can follow these steps below:
- Go to the menu and select Settings.
- Find the Voice Control menu and select Fios TV Voice Remote under it.
- Select Program Voice Remote. Upon doing this, you have two options available for setup, Automatic Setup and Manual Setup.
- Select Automatic Setup. Once the setup is complete, you should see a ‘Success’ message at the top right corner of your TV screen.
- If, for any reason, the automatic setup did not work for you, select the Manual Setup option.
- Select the brand and model of your TV or receiver and follow the steps on your screen.
- Once the ‘Success’ message appears on the top right corner of your screen, it means your Verizon Fios TV Voice Remote has been successfully programmed for your TV and is now ready for use.
Afterward, you may need to program your Fios Remote to change the Volume of your TV.
How To Program Your Verizon P265 Remote
To program your Verizon P265 remote, follow these steps:
- Make sure that your TV and Fios set-top box are both powered on.
- Press and hold the OK and Fios TV buttons together. Once you release the buttons, the red light on the remote will blink twice and then remain on.
- Next, press and release the Play/Pause once every second. Continue to do this until the remote finds the right code and the TV turns off. Once the TV is turned off, you can stop pressing the Play/Pause button.
- Press the TV Power button on your Verizon P265 remote to turn the TV on. If the TV turns on successfully, press OK to save. If, however, the TV does not turn on, press the Channel Down button once every second. Continue to do this until the TV turns on and then press OK to save.
You can also program (or even replace) your remote control using the Interactive Media Guide (IMG) by opening the menu, selecting the Customer Support option, choosing Top Support Tools, and selecting Program Fios Remote.
Once you press OK, you can simply follow the prompts on your TV screen to finish programming your Verizon P265 remote.
You will be asked to enter your TV’s remote control code, which you can find here, listed alphabetically by manufacturer name.
How To Program Your Verizon P283 Big Button Remote
Programming your Verizon P283 Big Button Remote is very similar to programming the Verizon P265 Remote, as seen in the steps listed below:
- Make sure that your TV and Fios set-top box are both powered on.
- Press and hold the OK and 0 buttons together. When you release the buttons, the red light on your remote will blink twice and remain on.
- Find the three-digit code for your TV here. Once you have the code, enter it into the remote. Once again, the red light will blink twice and then remain on.
- Hold and release the Channel Down button once every second until the TV turns off on its own. Once the TV turns off, you can stop pressing the Channel Down button.
- To turn the TV back on, press the TV Power button on the remote. Once the TV turns on, press OK to save the configuration.
If you still can’t use your remote properly, try reaching out to Verizon’s Customer Support.
Make sure you mention the remote control model you own and the exact problem you are facing.
This will let them diagnose your problem more easily and help you resolve it quickly.
Another common issue that you need to look out for is typing in the wrong TV code.
Ensure that you find the right TV code that matches both the Verizon Fios remote that you are using (3 digit codes for Verizon P265 and P283 and four-digit codes for other models) and the TV brand that you own.
You may also find that your FiOS remote Volume isn’t working, but you can easily fix it by going through the pairing process from scratch.
If you accidentally type in the wrong code, you will still receive a ‘Success’ message, but you will not be able to control the TV.
To resolve this issue, simply follow the same steps as you would to replace your Fios remote or Reset your FiOS remote begin the pairing process from scratch.
You May Also Enjoy Reading:
- What Is The Difference Between Verizon And Verizon Authorized Retailer?
- Fios On Demand Not Working: How To Fix In Seconds
- FiOS TV No Sound: How To Troubleshoot 
- FIOS Guide Not Working: How To Troubleshoot In Seconds
- Fios Equipment Return: Everything You Need To Know
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I replace my Verizon Fios Remote Control?
You can replace your current Verizon Fios Remote Control by using another remote from another TV or buying a new replacement remote.
Once you have the remote, go to menu> Customer Support > Top Support Tool > Replace Fios Remote and follow the instructions on the screen to begin using the replacement remote.
Can I use a universal remote for Verizon Fios?
Yes, any universal remote that can be programmed for the older Verizon set-top boxes can be used as universal remotes for the Verizon Fios.
However, since these remotes tend to operate either on IR (infrared) or RF (radio frequency), you will need a line of sight to operate them.
How much is a new Fios remote?
The Fios TV Voice Remote costs $24.99, while the Fios Big Button Remote Control and the Fios Remote Control – 2 Device both cost $14.99 on Verizon’s official website.
While you may be able to find these remotes at cheaper prices on other third-party websites eBay, it is not recommended as these are not certified by Verizon, and thus Verizon cannot vouch for their quality or legitimacy.
What is Fios TV One?
Verizon Fios TV One is a smart TV system that works using fiber optics.
Some of the features included are Netflix integration, a remote that recognizes voice commands, 4K Ultra High Definition picture streaming quality, and Wi-Fi connectivity that lets you set the TV up in any room.
The Verizon Fios TV One also comes with a multi-room DVR package that lets you simultaneously record several programs while watching live TV.