In this article you’ll learn how to restart your Amazon Firestick in record time. We also explain why this can be useful. We also explain how to reset apps or your Firestick, such as our Firestick screen mirroring app. Use it to cast to Fire TV from Android as well as iOS and MacOS devices.
Additionally, we provide additional technical support such as clearing cache, etc. Discover it all below!
Are you undecided whether Firestick is the best streaming device option for you? Check out our comprehensive Roku vs Firestick, as well as Chromecast vs Firestick guides. Make an informed decision today!
Table of contents
- What Does Resetting Your Fire TV Do?
- How To Restart Firestick?
- How To Restart Firestick Screen Mirroring App From AirBeamTV?
- How to Restart Youtube on Amazon Firestick?
- What Does Clearing The Cache Do On Firestick?
- What to do when my Firestick remote is not working?
- How do I deregister my Fire TV stick and register again?
What Does Resetting Your Fire TV Do?
First things first. Why would one reset a Firestick in the first place? Well, resetting your Firestick is a great way to remove all personal data stored on the device and restore it back to its original settings.
This is a great option if you’re experiencing issues with your Fire TV device. Whether it’s Firestick remote issues, lagging or you can’t cast to Firestick, resetting is likely to fix it. It will remove all preferences and user configurations, as well as bugs, making sure that the device goes back to its stock status.
Reset your Firestick today for peace of mind!
How To Restart Firestick?
Here’s what you should do:
- Press and hold the Select and Play/Pause buttons on your remote for about five seconds, or until the Reset screen appears.
- Use the arrow keys on your remote to highlight the Reset option, and then press the Select button to select it.
- The Firestick will now restart and reset to its default settings.
- Once the reset is complete, you can set up your Firestick as a new device and start using it again.
Can’t follow these steps above because your Firestick remote is not working? Then check out the post in the link and get your device up and running!
Here’s another useful tip for your Firestick: With this easy-to-use OTG cable, you can quickly connect USB devices such as keyboards and flash drives directly to your device in less than a minute.
This makes it easy for you to transfer photos, videos, documents, and other data between your device and external memory fast and securely. Enjoy maximum usability with the OTG adapter as it is also compatible with Samsung Galaxy S II, Galaxy Note, and other devices that support OTG.
Connect an ethernet adapter to the latest Fire TV and Fire Stick quickly and enjoy easy access to all of its features. We find this an useful gadget additional to your Firestick device.
Note: These steps may vary depending on the model of your Firestick and the version of the operating system it is running. If you are having trouble resetting your Firestick, you may need to refer to the user manual or contact Amazon customer support for assistance.
How To Restart Firestick Screen Mirroring App From AirBeamTV?
Do you have the FireTV screen mirroring app from AirBeamTV and are you experiencing technical issues? Maybe you simply want to turn off screen mirroring? Resetting the application can sometimes help resolve the issue.
Restart Firestick mirroring app on iPhone
- Press the menu button on your iPhone twice.
- Then swipe up.
- All running apps are now displayed.
- Find, select and swipe up our screen mirroring app for Firestick. Now it is closed.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Then reload the AirBeamTV app and connect it to your Amazon Fire TV.
Cast To Firestick From iOS and MacOS
Restart Firestick mirroring app on Android
Want to cast Android to Firestick or Fire TV? Here’s how to restart your device:
- Click the recents button in the bottom-right corner of your Android.
- Swipe right until you see the Firestick mirroring app.
- Swipe up to close the app.
- Open the app back again.
Restart Firestick mirroring app on Android – 2nd method
In case the first method didn’t work, there’s another way to restart apps on Android:
- Go to Settings – Apps and notifications.
- Click ‘See all apps’.
- Choose the app you wish to restart.
- Click ‘Force Stop”.
- Go back to Home Screen.
- Launch the app back.
How to Restart Youtube on Amazon Firestick?
To restart YouTube on your Amazon Firestick, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Home button on your Firestick remote for about five seconds, or until the quick access menu appears on the screen.
- Use the arrow keys on your remote to highlight the YouTube app, and then press the Menu button on your remote. This will open a menu with options for the YouTube app.
- Select the Force Stop option from the menu. This will stop the YouTube app and close it.
- To restart YouTube, go back to the Home screen and select the YouTube app from the list of installed apps. This will start the app and you can use it again.
Otherwise, you can bypass that, and cast YouTube to TV with AirBeamTV Fire TV apps!
Note: If restarting YouTube doesn’t resolve any issues you’re having with the app, you may need to try clearing its cache or uninstalling and reinstalling the app. This can help to resolve any issues that may be causing the app to not work properly.
What Does Clearing The Cache Do On Firestick?
Clearing the cache on a Firestick can help improve the device’s performance and free up storage space. When you clear the cache, it removes temporary files and data that may have been stored on the device.
This can help resolve issues with the Firestick, such as app crashes or error messages. It can also help improve the device’s overall speed and responsiveness. However, it’s important to note that clearing the cache will not delete any important data or settings on the Firestick.
It will only remove temporary files and data that are no longer needed. Sometimes it can also help to even clear the cache of your television. For example, in this article you can read how to clear the cache of a Samsung TV.
What to do when my Firestick remote is not working?
If your Fire TV or Firestick remote is not working, here are five tips to help you resolve the issue:
- Check the batteries: Start by ensuring that the batteries in your remote are not drained or improperly inserted. Replace the batteries if necessary and make sure they are correctly aligned.
- Pair the remote: If the remote is not responding, it might have lost its connection with the Fire TV device. To resolve this, navigate to the Fire TV settings and select “Controllers & Bluetooth Devices” to re-pair the remote.
- Restart the device: Sometimes a simple restart can fix remote connectivity issues. Unplug your Fire TV or Firestick from the power source, wait for a few seconds, and plug it back in. Once it has restarted, try using the remote again.
- Clear obstacles: Ensure that there are no obstructions between the remote and the Fire TV device. Remove any objects that might be blocking the signal and try using the remote from different angles or distances.
If you want more tips, check out our Firestick remote guide!
Remember, if these troubleshooting tips do not resolve the issue, you may want to contact Amazon customer support for further assistance.
How do I deregister my Fire TV stick and register again?
To deregister your Fire TV stick and then register it again, you can follow these steps:
- Press the Home button on your Fire TV remote to go to the home screen.
- Go to Settings > My Account.
- Select Deregister from the menu. This will remove the device from your Amazon account.
- Once the device has been deregistered, go back to the home screen and select the Register option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to register the device to your Amazon account again.
Alternatively, you can also deregister your Fire TV stick by going to Amazon’s website and following these steps:
- Go to Amazon’s website and sign in to your account.
- Click on the Your Account tab, and then select the Manage Your Content and Devices option.
- In the Devices section, find the Fire TV stick that you want to deregister and click on the Deregister button next to it.
- Once the device has been deregistered, you can register it again by following the instructions on the Fire TV stick’s screen.
Now you know how to restart your Fire TV as well as Fire TV mirroring app for Android and iOS by AirBeamTV.
Do you have any other questions? Have a look at our FAQ section! Otherwise, don’t hesitate to contact our customer service specialists. They will able to help you with any issues or problems.
Cast To Firestick
How To Cast To Fire TV From Android In Record Time?
Roku vs Firestick – Which Is Better?
Chromecast vs Firestick: Ultimate Media Streaming Device Guide
Press and hold the Select and Play/Pause buttons on your remote for about five seconds, or until the Reset screen appears. Use the arrow keys on your remote to highlight the Reset option, and then press the Select button to select it. The Firestick will now restart and reset to its default settings.Can you manually restart Firestick? ›
Press and hold the Select and Play/Pause buttons on your remote for about five seconds, or until the Reset screen appears. Use the arrow keys on your remote to highlight the Reset option, and then press the Select button to select it. The Firestick will now restart and reset to its default settings.Why can't I restart my Firestick? ›
Unplug the Firestick
If your remote is using fresh batteries and the restart command isn't working, then you should force the device to restart. Simply unplug it and let it sit for about a minute before plugging it back in. Once you plug it back in, you should see the Fire TV logo as the device boots back up.
- Restart/Reboot Your FireStick. ...
- Remove Unwanted Apps. ...
- Clear Cache of Apps. ...
- Keep Your FireStick Up to Date. ...
- Disable Automatic App Updates. ...
- Turn Off Collect App Usage Data. ...
- The Last Resort — Factory Reset.
Restart your Firestick
If your Firestick stops responding and you wish to restart it but are too lazy to get up then this trick will certainly come in handy. You can press and hold the SELECT + PLAY button for 10 seconds to initiate a forced restart.
Press and hold the Back button and the right side of the navigation circle together for 10 seconds. On the TV screen, choose to continue or cancel the factory reset. If you don't choose, the device resets automatically after several more seconds.How often should you restart Firestick? ›
If you start noticing it slowing down or lagging on the home screen, or loading apps, give it a reboot. Same, or rather every 3 days.How long does a Firestick last? ›
If we use security updates as a rough proxy, Fire TV devices are likely to get between six and eight years of support from Amazon from their original launch date. Keep in mind, however, that individual apps may continue to work beyond that timeframe.Why is my Firestick freezing? ›
Your Firestick may keep buffering or freezing if you have a slow internet connection, your streaming app isn't working right, or if your Firestick device is facing problems. Fixing it gets very easy once you've identified the issue. A slow connection is the most common reason for Firestick buffering.Why is my Firestick suddenly so slow? ›
Too Many Apps Running in the Background
Limited System Resources: FireSticks have limited resources, including RAM, CPU, and network bandwidth. If too many apps are running in the background, they can consume a significant amount of these resources, which can slow down the device.
Restart the Firestick by using the remote
If the screen is frozen on your Fire TV and you can't navigate anything, there's a way to reboot directly from the remote controller. First, hold down the Select and Play/Pause buttons on your controller for five seconds. After that, your Fire TV Stick will restart.
Step 1: If your Fire TV Stick doesn't turn on, make sure that the remote has fresh batteries and that it isn't the issue. Step 2: Unplug the Fire TV Stick and plug it back in to force a reboot of the device. Step 3: Check to make sure that the Fire TV Stick's power source is plugged in properly.