Can you perform an LG TV reset without a remote? Whenever LG Smart TV owners experience device issues, they’re asked to reset their TVs. But what if they don’t have access to their remote controls? What if their remote controls are malfunctioning or not working? Can anyone perform an LG TV factory reset without a remote? The answer is yes. Here’s how.
Do you have a particular question about LG TV reset without remote? Then use the table of contents below to jump to the most relevant section.And you can always go back by clicking on the black arrow in the right bottom corner of the page. Also, please note that some of the links in this article may be affiliate links. For more details, check the Disclosure section at the bottom of the page.
Here's what we'll cover:
- Resetting an LG TV Without Using a Remote – Is It Possible?
- LG TV Hard Reset vs. Soft Reset
- How to Reset LG TV Without Remote?
- Where is Reset Button on LG TV?
- LG Smart TV Factory Reset Without Pin Code
- LG TV Factory Reset Problems
Resetting an LG TV Without Using a Remote – Is It Possible?
LG is currently the leading TV and monitor manufacturer in the world. In 2021, the company had a whopping 18.9% share of the global television market. But that doesn’t mean every product from this company is fault-less. This is especially true of LG TV remotes. Countless users have complained about facing problems with their LG TV remotes.
These problems become worse when they need to reset their TVs. How to reset LG TV without a remote? That’s a vital question that LG has failed to answer clearly. No worries – in this article, we’ll discuss every possible way to soft & factory reset LG TV without a remote. But first – what are the differences between a soft reset & a factory reset? Let’s explore.
LG TV Hard Reset vs. Soft Reset
There are two ways to reset LG TVs – soft & hard (also known as a factory reset). Giving your LG TV a soft reset will only reset its system electronics. The TV’s software & firmware will remain unaffected in a soft reset. You only need to power cycle your LG TV to perform an LG TV soft reset. Once you do it, the TV’s RAM will be deleted & its electronics system will get refreshed.
Hard or factory resets are harder to perform. They also have wider implications. A hard reset will reset every setting on your TV. Every changeable parameter on your LG TV will revert to its original factory settings. This includes changes/updates you’ve made to the TV’s software & firmware. All installed apps will be removed & all existing accounts will get deleted.
Both soft & factory reset fix different sets of issues. Usually, minor problems like small bugs & glitches are resolved by LG TV soft resets. However, more pressing issues require hard resets.
How to Reset LG TV Without Remote?
When you reboot your LG TV, you give it a soft reset. You can do it by using the power button on the TV. You don’t need to use a remote to perform a soft reset. This reset may fix small glitches & bugs. But when soft resets don’t fix your issues – you’ll need to complete a hard reset. There are many ways to hard reset LG TVs using remote controls.
But can you do it without a remote? Yes. Here’s how to hard reset LG TV without using the remote:
- Find the reset button on the back of LG TV. This is your TV’s “power” button.
- Perform a soft reset by pressing this button for 10 seconds. If the soft reset doesn’t work, move on to the next step.
- Use the joystick-like panel controls on your LG TV to navigate to the “Menu.”
- On your TV’s Menu sections, find & enter the section titled “Settings.”
- Go to the “General Settings” page.
- Select “Reset Option” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Confirm.”
- Use the joystick-like panel controls on your LG TV to enter your TV password & start the resetting process.
If you don’t remember setting up a custom password for your LG TV, enter the LG TV default password. According to LG, the default password for all LG TVs is 0-0-0-0.
Where is Reset Button on LG TV?
There is no “LG TV reset button.” The company doesn’t manufacture TVs with specific reset buttons for soft or factory resets. Instead, the power buttons on LG TVs serve as de-facto reset buttons. You can use this button to perform soft resets (hold the button down for 15 seconds) or factory resets (as mentioned in the previous step).
LG Smart TV Factory Reset Without Pin Code
If you don’t have your remote & your TV password – you cannot factory reset your TV. You need either of the two to perform a factory reset. So, buy a new remote if you’ve lost your LG TV reset code. Then, you can reset the pin code you set up initially & reset your TV. Here’s how you can perform a factory reset on an LG TV without using a pin code:
- Using the remote to go to “Menu”
- Here, choose the “Settings” option
- Enter the “Advanced settings” section
- Scroll down to the section titled “Safety”
- Find the option titled “Reset Password” – don’t click on it yet
- Press the “Channel Up” button on your remote twice
- Press the “Channel Down” button on your remote twice
- Then, press the “Channel Up” button again.
- This unique arrangement of clicks is actually a secret built-in code in LG TVs to help users when they lose their passwords.
- Enter “0325” in the dialogue box that pops up. You’ll notice a safety dialogue box pop up next.
- Here, enter “0000.” You’ll be directed to a screen where you can set a new TV password.
Once you set up a new password for your TV – you can factory reset it & fix whatever issue that’s bothering you.
LG TV Factory Reset Problems
An LG TV reset to initial settings will delete all previously saved data on the device. That means your saved settings, apps, downloaded shows, etc., will be deleted after the reset. So, why do LG TV owners still do it? Why do they hard reset their TVs & lose all of their custom settings? Well, that’s because hard resetting an LG TV can fix annoying issues like:
- The LG TV keeps restarting/disconnecting
- The LG Smart Tv won’t connect to your home’s Wi-Fi network
- The TV won’t work after the update
- You’re unable to download new apps on the TV for some reason
These issues (and more) can be eliminated by factory resetting the LG TV. However, before you perform a hard reset, try every other possible fix. Read your LG TV’s manual. Contact LG’s support team. Factory resets should be your last line of defense against LG TV issues!
Credits: Thanks for the photo to Canva.
At ipoki.com we only mention the products that we’ve researched and considered worthy. But it’s important to mention that we are a participant of several affiliate programs, including Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a mean for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate ipoki.com earns from qualifying purchases.
You might also want to read this:
- How To Pair Fire Stick Remote Without Wifi?
- Firestick Remote Pairing and Unpairing Guide: With or Without WiFi
- No Pairing Button On Roku Remote: How To Pair Your Roku Without It?
Quick Answer: To factory reset the LG TV, navigate to Settings > All Settings > Support > Reset to Initial Settings > Ok. A factory reset can solve most of the software issues that can't be fixed by simply power cycling the TV. However, you must be warned that such a method removes all your data and preferred settings.Is there an LG TV reset button? ›
Quick Answer: To factory reset the LG TV, navigate to Settings > All Settings > Support > Reset to Initial Settings > Ok. A factory reset can solve most of the software issues that can't be fixed by simply power cycling the TV. However, you must be warned that such a method removes all your data and preferred settings.How to do factory reset remotely? ›
- On a browser, go to android.com/find.
- Sign in to your Google Account. ...
- The lost device gets a notification.
- On the map, you'll get info about where the device is. ...
- If you get a prompt, tap Enable lock & erase.
- Select what you want to do:
If you're using a remote, you can reset your LG TV by pressing the “smart” button and then clicking the gear button once the menu pops up. If you don't have a remote, you can just press the home and volume up buttons on the side of the TV at the same time.How to reset a LG? ›
To perform a factory reset: These instructions apply to Android 11 and higher. Open the Settings app and go to System > Advanced > Reset Options. Press Erase all data and follow any further instructions to restore your phone to factory settings.What is the hard reset code for LG? ›
Turn the phone off. Press and hold the following keys at the same time: Volume Down Key + Power/Lock Key on the back of the phone. Release the Power/Lock Key only when the LG logo is displayed, then immediately press and hold the Power/Lock Key again. Release all keys when the Factory hard reset screen is displayed.What is the master reset code for LG? ›
To factory reset a locked LG:
It will launch a rudimentary dialer from which you can make a few emergency calls. To factory reset your device, dial 2945#*# or 1809#*101#. Most of the time, these codes will work and reset your device. If it doesn't work, dial #668 while pressing the power button at the same time.
From the Home screen, tap the Menu key > Settings. Select a setting category and configure the desired settings.Can you change LG TV without remote? ›
You can change the input on your LG TV without a remote by downloading the LG ThinQ app or physically using the buttons on the side of the device. You'll need an LG Smart TV in order for this to operate. Launch the application and then tap the symbol that looks like a home to make adjustments.What does a hard reset do to a TV? ›
Performing a factory reset will delete all of the TV's data and settings (such as Wi-Fi and wired network setting information, Google account and other login information, Google Play and other installed apps). Press the HOME button, then select [Settings] — [Device Preferences] — [Reset] — [Factory data reset].